Like most artists, I started creating at a very young age and have never stopped!
I don’t set out to produce art about one subject or another. I’m constantly capturing images to develop into more in-depth ideas and detailed compositions. I find inspiration everywhere – from small objects in my backyard, to sweeping landscapes and architecture.
My work tends to focus on animals, upstate New York farms, and florals. And I love to add a splash of humor into my work, sometimes subtle and sometimes overt. I want my work to bring joy to the viewer!
Recently I studied classic techniques in tempera painting at the DaVinci School of Art in Florence, Italy. This experience has infused new techniques in both my watercolor and acrylic painting.
I hold a B.S. from the State University of New York at Geneseo, and an M.S. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I received Gold and Silver CASE awards for my design work, and wrote the first interactive story for the award-winning thinkbreakfast! campaign.
Recent Exhibitions, Juried Shows and Awards
- BUILT - Historic Albany Foundation’s Annual Show, November 2-5, 2023, Argus Hotel, Albany, NY
- Honorable Mention :: Stockade Villagers' Outdoor Art Show, Sept 9, 2023, Schenectady, NY
- Stockade Villagers' Outdoor Art Show, Sept 9, 2023, Schenectady, NY
- Pruyn House Spring Art Exhibit, March 27-April 28, 2023, Latham, NY
- Solo Exhibit, March 2023, Cupola, Burnt Hills, NY
- Annual Members Show, November 18-January 7, 2023, Saratoga Center for the Arts, Saratoga Springs, NY
- BUILT - Historic Albany Foundation’s Annual Show, November 3-6, 2022, Argus Hotel, Albany, NY
- Solo Exhibit, October 2022, Town of Ballston Community Library, Burnt Hills, NY